In an exciting and eventful week of football, ESPN’s SEC Power Rankings were shook up towards the top. With their big win over LSU, Alabama stayed the clear number 1. Also, Auburn stayed at #2 after their win at Tennessee. But Mizzou has jumped back up to number 3 this week after blowing out Kentucky. Due to Texas A&M just sneaking past a bad Mississippi State team, and South Carolina having a bye, they both fell a spot. Georgia and Ole Miss both won, so they jumped the losing LSU Tigers. Vanderbilt also jumped Florida and Tennessee after the Commodores beat the Gators. Mississippi State, Arkansas, and Kentucky all stayed still at the bottom after losses.
As always, you can see Edward Aschoff’s entire list here.
1. Alabama (9-0, 6-0 SEC; last week: 1)
2. Auburn (9-1, 5-1 SEC; LW: 2)
3. Missouri (9-1, 5-1 SEC; LW: 5): These Tigers continue to impress and had no problem handling a weary Kentucky team on the road. Maty Mauk is growing for the future, and Dorial Green-Beckham showed us all why he was the No. 1 recruit in the country last year with his school-record four touchdown catches in Mizzou’s 48-17 thumping of the Wildcats. This upcoming bye week should give quarterback James Franklin even more time to rest his shoulder before a trip to Ole Miss.
4. Texas A&M (8-2, 4-2 SEC; LW: 3)
5. South Carolina (7-2, 5-2 SEC; LW: 4)
6. Georgia (6-3, 4-2 SEC; LW: 7)
7. Ole Miss (6-3, 3-3 SEC; LW: 8)
8. LSU (7-3, 3-3 SEC; LW: 6)
9. Vanderbilt (5-4, 2-4 SEC; LW: 11)
10. Florida (4-5, 3-4 SEC; LW: 9)
11. Tennessee (4-6, 1-5 SEC; LW: 10)
12. Mississippi State (4-5, 1-4 SEC; LW: 12)
13. Arkansas (3-7, 0-6 SEC; LW: 13)
14. Kentucky (2-7, 0-5 SEC; LW: 14)
With their win, Mizzou still controls their own destiny. If they win out, they will still play for the SEC Championship. The Tigers are off next week, but go to Ole Miss on November 23.